Happy mail day

Thursday, November 22, 2007

So I'm excited. It's only 9:15 in the morning and already it's been a good day. My trusty Australia Post parcel delivery woman came to my door. She brought me the book I've been waiting for. Ali Edward's new book straight from Amazon.com. I am so excited. I just want to get myself a cup of tea, sit on the couch and read it. Alas, I actually have stuff to do today.

I have the dreaded task of going shopping for an outfit for my SIL's wedding. I'm very excited about the wedding just no so much about clothes shopping!! I still have most of my baby fat and am hoping they have designed a super affordable skirt that magically transforms me into a size 12. But if I can't find that, I'll have to settle for something that makes me look ok!

Been baking cupcakes this week. My lovely friend Nat from Scrap of Faith shared a recipe and I had to make them. They are so good and I feel I may need to make some more on the weekend. Gotta love how I whinge about the baby fat and then proceed to tell you I've been stuffing my face with cupcakes!! Uhh Megs, there may be a link! Now how good a wife am I. I know Andrew has been under pressure lately with reports so to cheer him up, I iced the cupcakes in his footy teams colours!! There were 12 cupcakes - we have eaten the rest!

All is going well around here. It's report writing time in the Spinks house so Joel and I are trying hard not to distract Andrew. Although Joel is just so cute that he is proving a very big, but enjoyable distraction. I on the other hand, just tend to annoy Andrew! We may have a couple of outings over the weekend so Andrew can finish them off.

Last night we had to put Joel in a 00 wondersuit. He is really getting bigger. And he's not just long anymore, he is finally starting to fill clothes out around the waist as well. I honestly cannot believe he is 5 months next weekend!
And what would a blog post be without a pic of Joel.
Anyway, I've rambled enough. I better go get ready for my shopping trip. Pray for me!!
Till next time

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

I can't believe he'll be 5 months so soon either Megs! Wow!

And hey don't worry about the cuppies, I made a batch of 18 of them and with the kids we now only have 6 left. That was *yesterday*!!! ROFL Oh dear! I've frozen those for school lunches. Can see I'll be baking a fresh batch on the weekend. hee hee

Jess said...

Well, my diet's out the window as well. Donna and I went to Max Brenner's last night. That was after having Macca's for lunch and roast pork (with crackling) the night before. I'm too scared to check how many weight watchers points all that is. I suspect about a weeks worth. Oh dear.

Good luck with the clothes shopping. At least you have the baby fat excuse! Angus is about to turn 3 so I just have the "stuffing my face with too much crap" excuse.

Jess
PS - Is it possible that Joel is getting even more gorgeous?

Nat said...

Hey Megs, I seem to have taht same problem with the eating of cupcakes and other such treats, but why isn't the fat going!!??? Just WRONG!!!'
That said, I might just have to make some more too....

Your man is too cute xx

Karen L said...

Lucky you Megs - love to hear all about Ali's new book from someone who has had a read. Your cupcakes look amazing. You girls have done a fabulous job with decorating these little masterpieces. Joel is looking so cute too -