Another Christmas gone

Wednesday, December 27, 2006



Well Christmas is over for another year. We had a great day. Church in the morning, lunch with Andrew's family and dinner with mine. So busy but really nice as well. Got a little tired and by the end of the day my pants were a little too tight round the middle but I am going to blame that on the baby!!

Got some yummy presents. A new purse which I desperately needed and a lovely new super fluffy bathrobe (I want to wear it all the time!)

Andrew got DVDs to add to his collection. And the baby - oh my goodness. Our families, especially mine went baby crazy. We got jumpsuits, blankets, nappies, toys. And the baby ain't even here yet. I'll post a pic of all our baby goodies another day - it's too dark to take a picture now.

On Christmas Eve eve (Saturday night) we made our annual trek to the Carols by Candlelight rehearsal. It was quite cold but much nicer than last years 35 degrees. Had a great time with friends, hanging out, playing cards, singing carols, keeping warm under blankets and eating too much food.

Haven't done much the last couple of days. Went to the Boxing Day sales - didn't buy too much which is a good thing. Picked up the latest Jamie Oliver book, COOK. Can't wait to try some of the recipes out in there. They look so yummy. Also been checking out baby shops, looking at the immense amount of stuff that is out there. Working out what we need, where we want to get it and that sort of stuff. Not buying any big stuff just yet. A little too early I think.

We get the two dogs that we are looking after (for 2 years) on Saturday. We are super excited about that. They are such gorgeous dogs and it will be nice to have them around and take them for walks.

Anyway, that will do for now. Oh one more thing - WE HAVE A TOILET. This is very exciting as it means no more midnight trips to the bungalow outside.

5 things I am grateful for today

1. A great Christmas season with family and friends

2. That God sent Jesus to earth as a baby

3. Our little bub

4. Some awesome gifts for us (and the baby) this Christmas

5. The start of a new and exciting year, just around the corner.

Till next time

3 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Paul's family were like that too when we were expecting Ethan. He got more presents than the rest of the family put together!

If you don't have it yet, I loved the book "Up The Duff" by Kaz Cooke. Relevant information, but very funny at the same time. Happy to lend you my copy if you want to have a look.

So very, very happy for you!

Jess

Anonymous said...

Megan.......you two look absolutely proud as punch......so happy for you both....and the new loo looks great.We are waiting for the plumber to fit the hand basin plug thingy tomorrow.
Tim managed to finish the ensuite before he left for overseas this morning...phew!Rod has to finish off the walk-in robe though...just needs to add some shelving and knock out a bit of plaster.

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan! I've never read a blog before, I must say! But when I read about yours in your parents' Christmas newsletter I was very interested to take a look. Congratulations on your happy news! I do hope all goes well for you! I'll be very keen to hear when the baby is born - but I'll probably take a look at your blog from time to time now anyway. It's such a long time since I've seen you but you really haven't changed much - in fact you're just a grown-up version of the little tot I first knew in Ulverstone, Tas! You have a great smile! So does Andrew! Love to you and your beautiful family! Love, Ruth