Still here

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

No we haven't had the baby. I have no exotic excuse as to why I haven't blogged. Just really busy and just feeling a little lazy!!
So where has that 2 weeks gone, hey? Totally flown by. What's happened? Not a whole lot.

Still pregnant - getting fatter. My belly and boobs have finally met (didn't think that was supposed to happen till I got old and grey!!) Starting to feel a little more uncomfortable but still feeling blessed. Little squirt will not stop moving which is very endearing and reassuring but can also be a little wearing! He/She seems to know when other people want to feel the movements cause as soon as someone puts a hand on my belly to feel, the moving stops. Cheeky bugger!

We went to our first ante-natal class last night which was great fun and it's all starting to feel a little real now. We have some great couples in the group with us and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them all a little better. Last night the midwife showed us what labor would be like using a plastic doll, a KNITTED uterus and a fabric pelvis. Interesting!?!? If only it were going to be as easy as it looked.

Nothing much else to report. I have finally started like doing a little bit of scrapbooking. Have done one LO which I'll post soon and working on a little case for something I'd like done at my baby shower. Will also post a pic once I've finished.

Anyway, i have a stack to do today so I better stop procrastinating and get off the computer.

5 things I am grateful for today
1. A pretty cruisy pregnancy so far
2. An understanding hubby
3. Awesome parents - i love you mum and dad
4. Awesome sisters - love you guys too (and Matt and Stu)
5. My wheat bag/heat pack - total god send for a sore back

Till next time

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are progressing nicely Megan! It won't be long and you'll have that little squirt in your arms.
I did child birth classes also with a friend and we had the best time. Unfortunately I went 4 weeks early with my first so hubby missed the father's night.....he,he....he just had to cope with me when the time came.......mind you ....he and the doctor just nearly missed the birth....they were too busy chatting footy results......mmm....I tell you....LOL!

mark & cath said...

hey megs,
sounds like you are doing an amazing job, but we want to see ya bellllllllly!!!

also, when is your baby shower??

love cath

Karen L said...

Nice to catch up on the going ons in your neck of the woods. Not long now until this bundle of joy arrives. Bet you are looking forward to it now.

Tam said...

Hey Megs - we DO know the same people!! Shell and Luke are good friends of ours, and Eden is just precious!

I remember how it feels to be waiting and waiting to meet your little person. So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Been ages since I checked out your blog, can't WAIT to hear news of the arrival of the little Spinks. Miss you guys, see you and the baby in November.

Debbie
http://spaces.msn.com/debmessy