A new baby

Thursday, May 03, 2007





No, it's not mine. My awesome friends Marina and Peter welcomed baby Samuel into the world last Friday. So proud of them. They are going to be such awesome parents and Samuel is one blessed little boy. So we're next!! Ahh. It's kind of dawning on me that I have to give birth in about 10 weeks. I am starting to feel that I am a total wuss and what have I got myself into!

Oh well, not much I can do about it now. Aside from a little fear about the birth side of things, I am just hanging to meet squirt. This little one is getting so active now and I just can't wait to meet them and see what they look like and give em lots of love, hugs and kisses.

Not much else happening in my world. May finish this blog in point form.

  • Starting to get the scrapping groove back. Have been in a total rut for ages now so it feels good to be back doing some creative stuff.
  • Totally loving the new Missy Higgins album. Man, this chick totally rocks. So easy to listen to.
  • Work is going really well. I finish up in 8 weeks for 6 months off, so that'll be kinda weird but just another part of this journey we're on.
  • We start our antenatal classes in a week and a bit so that's exciting and so close all at once. It's really happening now. Only 10 weeks to go (praying we don't go too much over the 40 weeks).
  • I've had some shocker back and leg pain lately. Am off to the physio about it on Wednesday. Let's just say the heat pack is my new best friend. I'm so hoping they give me a massage, but seriously doubt it!
  • Andrew is a happy man as his footy team - the West Coast Eagles, are currently undefeated and on top of the ladder. Not sure that there off field behaviour warrants the top team placing!

I think that's enough for today. Really need to take another belly shot. Might get Andrew to do that over the weekend and I'll update you all on my expanding girth (although it's really not that big)

Till next time, go out and buy the Missy Higgins album - you won't be disappointed.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Welcome baby Samuel!
And yes, I'd love to see some new belly shots - I finally got around to doing mine, lol. And love to see what you've been working on, scrap-wise too.
Take care, Nat xx

Anonymous said...

Megan......not long to go now girl!
It must be so exciting for you and Andrew.....take care............

Tam said...

Yay, Megs! It's all so exciting to be coutning down!

I hear you with the back pain - mine was really bad at that stage. It got better once baby engaged though, so hopefully this is the worst of it!

Take care!

fee said...

Megan! So i stumbled onto your blog after cath grant left a comment on mine and i went to hers and found yours!!! and i found out she had a baby (i didn't know) and you are about to (also didn't know) - guess there are some things you miss being on the other side of the world!!! hope you and andrew and baby are well!
take care,
Fiona