We've gone baby crazy

Thursday, April 26, 2007

So another week and a half has gone by and this blog once again has been neglected. So much has been going on lately so it's time for another update.

We made our trip to IKEA to purchase all the baby furniture and have managed to put it all together without too much damage to our credit card or our marriage!! We've had our heart set on a particular change table/chest of drawers unit from IKEA for over 1 1/2 years now and when we got to IKEA it had been slashed to half price cause they were discontinuing it. We're thinking - BARGAIN! But so was everyone else and there didn't seem to be any left in the warehouse area. We started to freak a little, wondering what we would do when my mum piped up (mum and dad came along to help us with all the lifting and stuff cause I'm not allowed to) that we should ask if we can have one of the floor models (there were 3 upstairs all set up). So we eventually got one of those and cause it was floor stock that knocked another $50 off. And it was all set up!! So pumped about that. We also bought a wardrobe as this bedroom doesn't have one and one of those cubed Expedit bookcases which as you can see we've turned on it's side - that will be for toys, books, etc... We already had the cot.


We have also put a pram on layby. It's called a Phil and Ted's pram and we love it. So we are slowly getting ourselves organised. About time really cause there's only 11 weeks to go (that's 80 days!) It's a really cool pram and has 4 different positions. It'll be great if we decide to have another bub when the first one still needs the pram. Ours is black and sand colour



Had a great ANZAC day yesterday. Had brekkie with my family at my mum and dad's house - bacon, eggs, beans, mushies, juice, toast. Yum Yum Yum. Andrew and I then spent the day in the backyard - lawns are mowed, some weeding has been done. Looking a lot better than it did a couple of days ago. It's really annoying me that some of our plants are dying off but the weeds are managing to grow bigger than ever. What the!?!?!

Anyway, I'm off to hang some washing out, do some scrapping and then watch the Biggest Loser finale tonight. GO PATI!!

6 comments:

Nat said...

Oooooohhh NICE!! Love it all... I think that is the same change table unit thingy that I've wanted for about the same time, but never thought too much more coz of the price - ooh what a bargain! I'm tempted to go to IKEA now!!
And that is THE BEST pram! I am getting one of those for this bub and Eli... just keeping an eye out for one on ebay, and hopefully get it a bit closer to the date...
How exciting is setting up the nursery huh!! You'll have to share a pic when its all done!! What colours will you be using for linen etc - or will u wait till you have bub to buy some of that stuff...?
Ooh, its all so exciting huh!

Nat said...

Oh and I'm loving that expedit bookcase on the side too -- ooh ideas!! Wish I had lots of cash now, hehe

Katie Toland said...

Love your shopping Megan. Who doesn't love Ikea hey! Both my boys have the full units (16 cubes) in white in their rooms with their toys/books etc in them, then I have the half one (same as yours, but beech) also on it's side in the kitchen, with wicker baskets in it. Want to go back now and get a dark chocolate one for the hallway. Also want the Lack unit, on it's side under my boys windows... oh, and a coffee table - and one of those groovey swing chair things for the boys rooms... think that's it for the time being. I always have an Ikea wish list going.

Anyway, I'm loving seeing the pics of your nursery. Keep sharing. I can't wait to see more :)

Sofi said...

Hi Megan! The nursery is looking so gorgeous. My brother and SIL picked up our cot the other day. It's so exciting getting everything ready.

Tam said...

Hey Megs! Loving all your furniture - I think I *need* one of those Expedit bookshelves now - I never thought of turning it on its side!!

We have that pram - and love it! So light and easy to steer! Maybe we should go walking together with our prams sometime?!

Hope you're feeling well. xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan.......love all that IKEA baby furniture...too cute!
I also love the pusher.....mmmm....that would have come in handy when my 4 were babies.........