A sad day

Thursday, July 26, 2007


My nanna passed away last night in Adelaide. It was very unexpected. She had a heart attack on Tuesday morning but everyone (including the doctors, thought she would pull through - it wasn't a massive heart attack.
I am just so sad. Sad I didn't get to see her one last time. Sad she never got to meet Joel. Sad I didn't get to say goodbye.
But I am also happy - happy that my mum got to spend some time with her this week . She went over on Tuesday to be with Nanna. I am happy that my nanna has been reunited with Grandapa in heaven. I am happy that I called her a week ago and spoke for 20 mins or so. I am happy that she was around to become a great grandma (she had to great grandsons born this month - her first great grandkids.
I will really miss her. We didn't get to see her that often cause we lived in different states but now we won't see her at all
We are driving to Adelaide tomorrow afternoon - funeral will probably be on Monday.
Please keep Andrew and I in your thoughts and prayers as we attempt the drive with a 3 1/2 week old!
Speaking of which I can't go without sharing my fav pic of Joel at the moment.


Thanks guys

3 comments:

Nat said...

HUGS honey... Will be thinking of you and Andrew over this weekend and keeping you in my prayers.

Your little man is too cute - and looking like a bit of a 'old soul' there... can you believe its been 4 weeks (well almost for you!) since we had our babies!!?? I can't!!

Have a safe drive xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Nan....thinking of you all.....take care ......have a safe trip over to SA.

Look at Joel's bright eyes!He looks so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan
I'm so sorry to hear about your Nanna. That's always really hard, we will be praying for you and hope you have a safe and restful trip across (as much as travelling can ever be!)

Stay safe
Em & Dave x

P.S Joel is just delicous!