Christmas Wrap-Up

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Well Christmas is over for another year. It's been such a busy time around here but my heart is full. We've had such a good time over the last few days - spending time with family and friends, eating, giving and recieving presents, more eating (and it continues - gotta love leftovers). I'm just going to run through the last few days and share pics of our fun


CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT
For the last 4 years, we've been going to the Carols by Candlelight rehearsal with friends on the 23rd December. It's the big carols in Melbourne, broadcast by Channel 9. The rehearsal is open to the public and it's such a fun night. We went again this year and had a ball. My sister Beth joined us this year so Joel loved that. He had a little carrier to sleep in and looked so cute all snugged up. He also had fun rugged but with Aunty Beth, singing the carols. He did have a little sad Santa moment but he was awesome for most of the night!!


CHRISTMAS DAY WITH THE CALLANDER GIRLS
Christmas lunch this year was at our house (ARGHHH!!) but it went brilliantly. We all kept commenting that it felt like there were no grown ups around (cause Mum and Dad weren't there) but we all came to the sad realisation that we are all grown ups now (and grown ups have to do the dishes!!). We all brought a salad some meat and a dessert. We had prawns, ham, turkey done in the Webber (which Andrew was so proud of). We had garden salad, pasta salad and roast vegie salad. For dessert there was a huge fruit platter and I made a triple chocolate cheesecake. Now I don't want to toot my own horn, but it totally rocked. It was so delicious. We had lunch outside, under our pergola. It was such a beautiful day. We just got a new outdoor setting and I was totally in my element making it all Christmassy and beautiful out there.

Before lunch we opened presents. Joel was fascinated (especially by the paper). He got so spoilt. He got lots of fun things to play with and to wear as well, all of which will come in very handy. I got spoilt too. Andrew gave me Greys Anatomy Season 3 on DVD (yes!!) and I got a piping set and a Jamie Oliver Flavour Shaker. Andrew got Die Hard 1-4 on DVD and Prison Break 2
The afternoon was topped off with a phone call to Mum and Dad via Skype. Was great to hear their voices and wish them a Merry Christmas. We all took in turns to chat to them and hear all of what is going on in each other's lives.
After everyone left our house, Andrew, Joel and I headed over to the in-laws house to catch up with everyone there and carry on the festivities. Joel again got spoilt by his aunties and uncles and grandparents. Our car was full of toys and clothes to take home. Andrew and I were spoilt again. I got a Making Memories 12x12 paper trimmer - so nice!!! and Andrew got a garden tree trimmer thingy!
We have entered a new phase in toys now - electronic noisy, lit up toys. Joel got a couple of activity board type toys with lights, and moving things and singing and buttons to push. He was totally mesmerized by one with a dancing monkey on it (as you can see below). I had fun pushing all the buttons too.
Today we had a bit of a sleep in and headed to the sales to get a couple of bargains. I bought myself a padlock bracelet with some money my Nanna left me (will share a pic another time) and Andrew bought some shoes and shorts. We were very self-controlled.
Tomorrow I think we are going to crash on the couch!!
So as you can see from the photos, we have had an awesome few days. Very full but great fun.

Till next time




4 comments:

Karen L said...

Wow Megs you guys have been busy - glad to hear though that you had a great Christmas and that you got to chat to your Mum and Dad also. Love all the photos. Joel looks like he is having a wonderful time.

Nat said...

Great to hear you had a lovely time, and my kids all got spoilt rotten too... have you found homes for al lthe new toys? We haven't yet!!
Sounds like your day was lovely and relaxing :) That cheesecake look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan,
Happy New Year. Hope this year if full of wonderful blessing for the whole family, and exciting times as Joel is growing up - which they always are!
It looks like you had an awesome Christmas time!
Love Em xo

Chrissy said...

Oh Miss Megan I LOVE the Christmas table setting, well done love!!! Look at all that yummy food and family fun. I'm so glad you managed to chat with your folks on skype that day too.

Love and blessings to you!
Chrissy x