Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire

Sunday, September 23, 2007

So I was watching Oprah the other day and it was about women who are changing the world. At the end of the show, Sarah McLachlan (one of my fave singers) played her song World on Fire with the video clip playing in the background. I had never seen it before and it's amazing. THe video cost her $15 to make and then the rest of the money that it would have cost her to have a professional video made, she donated to a whole heap of different things.
Too cool. Really made me realise just how much money we waste in the western world and just how even a small amount can really change someone's life in the third world.
Made me think about what I spend my money on and how I can change my spending habits and try and help others more.
What are you going to do this week to help change the world?
Till next time

2 comments:

Carolyne said...

i love her too and when you find out have to save money on stuff, let me know....i have been going through it something shocking lately. love the photo's of joel too....when i'm not working full time, i am coming around. hugs.

mark & cath said...

Hey, I was watching this too!!! Must be the mothers at home syndrome. But don't mind it one bit!!

I think that her idea was awesome. But did you watch 4 corners tonight (Monday 24/9)??? It was about the women in Afghanistan? Its terrible. Women burning themselves to get out of their marriages??

I think its time that we chicks stand up for those who can't speak for themselves. What do ya reckon Megs???