1 today

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

This time last year I was laying in a hospital bed, holding my newborn son and feeling a little sore but so very proud of myself. Yes that is right - Joel is 1 today. Can you believe? I really can't. This year has seemed to fly by and I know I sound old saying that, but it's so true. I've been going back to July 2nd 2007 all day today, remembering what happened, how it all unfolded and the awesomeness (is that a word??) of the day - forgetting all the pain and yucky stuff of course. It still seems so fresh in my mind. But a lot has happened since then, and my little Joel is growing up. He makes me laugh at least once a day (and often makes me cry too! LOL). He amazes me the way he is constantly changing and learning and I cannot wait for the next year to unfold and see what he has in store for us. I am loving the journey of motherhood, and could not have asked for a more perfect first child.

Joel joel, I love you sweetpea and I'm so excited to continue to see you grow into an awesome little boy. Big smooshy kisses and snuggles.

I was going to share a few pics of his first year, but being a typical first time mum, there were too many to choose from so I did a little collage up in Picasa. Hope you get the gist. The last few were taken at our Mothers Group birthday party last week - Joel really really loved his first cupcake!

We are having a party on Sunday so I will be back hopefully on Monday, to share photos and a rundown of the shindig!

Thankyou all for sharing this journey with us.

Till next time

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy 1st Birthday Joel!!!!! and congrats to Megs & Andrew who survived their first yr as parents. I have been meaning to call you all day to wish Joel a Happy Birthday but then we started our closing down sale at Scrapniques last night and had such an influx of orders today that i was flat out and now it's too late...so I'm so sorry but big smooches from us & Tilly. Much Love, Jodi, Shannon & Matilda xox

Gayle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOEL!!!!! Wow..that did go super fast! Congrats guys...you must be so very proud!
Have a great weekend

Nat said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous boy, you are very loved little Joel!
Hope you have a fantastic party on Sunday little man.

Carolyne said...

happy birthday mr joel.....i can't believe that megan. one whole year gone!!!! hope you have loads of fun for his 1st birthday party....loved looking at all your layouts too. you've inspired me girl. hugs to you all.

Anonymous said...

a belated happy birthday to you Joel!!!!

Hope it was an awesome day!

Chrissy said...

Well of course he did, who doesn't lurve cupcakes!!! hee hee Can hardly believe it's been a whole year Megs... Happy birthday little Joel, what a blessing you are to your folks.

Hugles,
Chrissy x