Embellished Idol and a little catch-up

Friday, July 25, 2008

I mentioned a few weeks back that I was entering a competition called Embellished Idol. Well we are up to Round 3 and I am still in it. I would love to continue on in the competition but I need your help. I would love if you would vote for me. First of all, you'll need to register at the Embellished Forum then you can vote. You click on the Round Three button and it will show the list of participants. Choose your top 5 - feel free to vote for me LOL and my friends Jodi (batnbub) and Danni as well.
If you want to get a look at the participants entries, head to the Embellished Idol Blog.
Down the left hand side you will see a folder called Round 3 - there are pictures of all the projects for Round 3.
Our task this week was to scrap a life motto, but we were not allowed to scrap on cardstock.
I went with a canvas and was pretty happy with how it turned out.

The following two LOs are my pieces for Rounds 1 and 2.

As for the rest of the life, all is well. Joel is still tottering around. He doesn't actively walk yet - he won't initiate the walking but if we stand him up, he'll walk to us or to the couch. Still very cute!
Andrew is well and truly back into the swing of school and already looking forward to the next lot of holidays!! Work for me is going well as well.

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of my Nanna's passing and it still seems quite surreal that she is not here. I miss her so very much and often think of how she would react to things or what she would say in certain situations. She would have loved watching Joel grow up. To make sure we remembered Nanna, my sisters and I got together for lunch. It was nice to catch up and remember Nanna. We were actually talking about the photo above, saying that is was so her. She was making her yummy pasties and she still had she still managed to be wearing her pearls.

I really need to finish up.
Till next time, don't forget to vote for me!!

0 comments: