A family of four

Friday, March 25, 2011

Another big change for me in the last year is that our little family of 3 has become a family of 4. We welcomed our second gorgeous boy into our family on the 14th February 2011. Noah has been part of this family for almost 6 weeks now and it feels like he's always been with us. We are all doing well.. tired and still learning how this whole 2 kids thing works, but we are good. Joel is doing ok with it all. He loves Noah so much and is always wanting to give him hugs and kisses, but moving from being the only child to one of 2 has, on occasion been tough. Not being the sole centre of attention, having to share Andrew and I, not being able to play with me as much throughout the day. But on the whole he is coping really well.

Noah is a pretty cruisey baby. He is not too bad at the whole sleep thing - he does 3-4 hourly overnight and generally goes straight back to sleep after a feed. Don't get me wrong, there have been some exhausting nights and I am sure there will be more to come, but we are generally getting a decent 5 - 6 hours a night.

I am really want to get Noah's birth story down... maybe the next post I can do that.  It's important for me to remember how he came into this world.

Never thought I would be a mum of boys but I am feeling so blest to have 2 gorgeous healthy little boys. Looking forward to the next part of life, watching them both grow up and start to interact with each other and become friends.

Till next time



1 comments:

Mariond said...

Meg congratulations on your new family addition. What a blessing children are, but also a lot of hard work in those first years.