The Holiday of a lifetime - one year ago!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Well the last post I did last year was just after my overseas holiday. It was an amazing amazing time with my Mum, Dad and my 2 sisters. We were gone for 3 weeks and I missed Andrew and Joel like crazy. But they had a great time together too. We visited London, Paris, Greece, Moldova and Turkey. I cannot believe that it has been a year since we were over there. So to ensure this blog post doesn't turn into the world's longest post, I am going to dot point the highlights of each place we visited and add a few photos as well. Here we go

LONDON

  • Buckingham Palace
  • Notting Hill
  • Les Miserables
  • Oxford
  • Westminster Abbey
  • Riding the Tube
  • The Globe Theatre
  • St Paul's Cathedral
  • The Tower of London

PARIS
  • Eiffel Tower
  • Montmartre
  • Sacre Couer
  • Versailles
  • Crepes (especially Nutella ones!!)
  • Boulangeries (bakeries!!)
  • Stuart surprising Beth and proposing (he secretly flew to Paris and surprised her!) 
  • Bread and cheese
  • Notre Dame
  • Shakespeare and Co Bookshop
GREECE
  • The Plaka
  • The Acropolis
  • Meteora tour
  • Delicious souvlakis
  • Aegina 
  • Shopping
  • Getting handmade sandals
MOLDOVA
  • Getting to see where Mum and Dad live and work
  • The market
  • The cave monastery and others monasteries we visited
  • Going to a village with the mobile medical clinic
  • Meeting the people
  • Worshipping with other Salvation Army people in a different country
TURKEY
  • The Hamam (Turkish bath and massage) OH MY!!!
  • The Grand Bazaar
  • Apple Tea
  • Turkish Delight
  • The Blue Mosque
  • Hagia Sophia
We packed so much into our 3 weeks and I have so many precious photos and memories to remind me of the awesome time we had. It was so special to be able to share this experience with my parents and sisters as well. It was such a blessing to be able to spend 3 weeks together, especially at this time with Mum & Dad living overseas and Clare in Adelaide. 

So grateful for this experience. I don't really feel like I've done the trip justice with this post. Maybe I'll do a blog post for each country later on. But for now, i've got the basics down and shared!



0 comments: