Eat Healthier. Live longer

Friday, February 17, 2006


This will be my motto from now on. I eat far too much crap and do not exercise enough and today it's all going to change. Two of my new years resolutions was to eat healthier and to exercise more regularly and so far I have not done well on either of these. So today, I have had enough. Enough of feeling crap about myself, enough of feeling tired, enough of having no self discipline - of not being able to say no to chocolate.
From today, I am going to cut chocolate, cakes, biscuits, (all that tastes good in this world!LOL) and eat better. I am going cold turkey on all bad foods.
From today, apples are my new best friend. My tummy will be full of all things good - salads, fruit, everything fresh, fresh, fresh.

Why not put down that biscuit or chocolate bar you're eating, and join me on this fresh, healthy food crusade!! Your body will thank you for it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you Megan! I think you look gorgeous, but it's important to be happy in your own body. Here's a little tip I learned when I went on my diet - Freeze your chocolate. Break it into bits and put it in a container in the freezer. Then if you really do want a piece, it takes a lot longer to eat and it's easier to stop after one. Another tip was to serve your ice-cream in a tea-cup so you can't fit too much in (and it looks cute!) If you're an ice-cream fiend, the Cadbury low-fat ice-cream is really nice - doesn't taste low fat at all!

Katie Toland said...

Good for you Megan. I'm with Jess, I think you look gorgeous as is, but health and energy wise I totally understand. I feel so zapped most days, and decided a few weeks ago that I need to eat better and exercise, just for the energy! And after reading some info from the naturapath this week, it's quite easy to go off those yummy things, when you know what is really in them, and what they do to you :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it all Megan.Looks like no more visits to Max Brenner's for you my girl!

Perhaps you should treat your self once a week to a small chocolate fix...like Jess said..in small doses.

It is true though...you are what you eat...
...eat healthy...you feel healthy
...eat junk food...you feel crap

Lyn

Anonymous said...

all in moderation i say...but good for you. i too think you look great the way you are..but us girls are always wanting someone else's legs, bum, tummy, nose - the list goes on. we are never happy hey!!! wishing you well.

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy for you Megan. I too think you are gorgeous as you are, but we all have to look after ourselves, just to feel healther and get that zing, in our step.