Help Needed

Monday, March 26, 2007


Andrew and I are off to Cairns this Saturday - totally excited about going on this holiday. Looking forward to sleeping in, hanging out together, having no phone calls to answer, no work. Really looking forward to reading some good books. But I need some suggestions.


I just finished reading Jodi Piccoult's My Sisters Keeper -awesome book. And now I've got the reading bug back and I want to take a few books on holidays with me.


Can anyone give me some suggestions of good books to read? I love autobiographies and novels mostly. Not a huge fan of Mills and Boon type books, or science fiction. Apart from that, I am pretty open.


Please help me with some of your recent selections.


Will post more exciting stuff soon!!

3 comments:

mark & cath said...

hey megs go some harry potter. i reckon donald miller stuff is really interesting - Blue Like Jazz & and he has a new one out that I haven't read yet. He talks about spirituality but in a non-religious sort of way. I read Blue Like Jazz and couldn't put it down

Marina said...

A great title called 'Hunting & Gathering" is supposed to be great, also "The Samurai's Daughter" which made me cry and I have a copy should you wish to take it with you...I agree with Mark & Cath too, get those Potter's read before the fabulous event...that is number 6!!!! (and the baby...)

Anonymous said...

Blue Like Jazz is cool! Also Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell is great. Have both if you'd like to borrow. I've also got the autobiography of the hotel manager from Hotel Rwanda. Its a compelling read.