Enviro Bag invasion

Monday, March 12, 2007

So again I've had a long stint away from this blog. Life is just busy and blogging has taken a back seat to working, eating and sleeping. Had a great few weeks though.

Two weekends ago I spent the weekend at The Country Place in Kalorama for the Scrapanalia Retreat. I had the best time. Was soo good to hang out with old scrapbooking friends and also to make a few new ones. Didn't get a whole lot done but got started on my pregnancy journal album (will post the first page sometime this week) so I was happy with that.
This weekend i've been at a Salvo Youth Workers conference. It was totally full on and tiring and brain draining but a great experience and a great chance to connect with others doing a similar thing to me. All I can say is thank goodness for Labor Day today. I had a much needed sleep in and house day!

Also another totally exciting thing that's happenend in the last couple of weeks is that I've started to feel the baby moving and kicking. Very exciting and a bizarre thing. I first felt in on Tuesday 27th Feb (just for my records!) and now it's happening all the time. Mostly at night and early in the morning. Hoping this is not a sign of things to come when they arrive!!!

So that's me for the last few weeks

Just wanted to share with you a funny little story. Andrew and I got ourselves some chips from our local takeaway shop last Thursday and they gave me an enviro bag to take them home in. Now I am all for saving the planet and using less plastic bags but is this getting a little crazy. These bags are taking over the world. The funnier thing is that I walked up to the shop so I had to walk home with THIS bag in my hand....




I LOVE FISH AND CHIPS!!! So here is this pregnant/chubby lady walking home with a bag that says I love fish and chips. Errr! So now you can eat crap but be doing your bit for the environment. I love it.

Anyway, time for this little one to go to bed.


Till next time (and I hope it's not too long this time!)

7 comments:

Katie Toland said...

hahahah! Love it. You told me about that at the retreat... then again, you had me laughing just about the whole time!

So excited that you are starting to feel your bubby move around. Such a good idea to keep a pregnancy journal, and I love the layout you did for it.

Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

that is so funny Megan........glad that you have updated your blog girl so I can check up on you and the bub!
A pregnancy journal is a great idea.
It's funny how un born start moving around just when you want to rest or lay down. Think they just like to be the centre of attention again when you rest up.....LOL!
I'm running another RAK this week on my blog....so feel free to pop over and leave a comment....HG products....woohoo....

Anonymous said...

Hey Megs,
Mum and Dad (and Aunty Judy) here at Streaky Bay. Glad to tap into your blog and see things are going well. Judy is having her intro to the internet at the moment so we started with you. Caught lots of fish yesterday..had some for tea last night. Better go Lots of love. M&D xoxox

Sofi said...

I remember the story from the retreat too!

It's very exciting feeling the baby move, and I love the idea of a preggie journal. Wish I had done that with Lee.

Karen L said...

Real exciting when you feel the baby move for the first time. Remember when it happened to me it caught me by surprise and I was waiting and waiting for it to happen again just to be sure that it was the baby moving. Preggie journal sounds great and it will be a wonderful keepsake.

Love your fish and chip bag - what a classic.

Anonymous said...

so great to hear you are doing well with the pregnancy. It's so unusual when you start to feel the baby kick - wait til you see your stomach moving like an alien - eeks!

Chrissy said...

hee hee That bag is actually really CUTE Megan!!
Your US piccies make me very hen like *cluck cluck* LOL so pleased to hear all is well with your precious bubs and WOW to the kicking bubba news too. It's an awesome feelng isn't it. :)

Hugs and blessings!
Chrissy (SoF)