Ponderings...

Sunday, October 07, 2007

I am feeling somewhat serious and thoughtful today and just wanted to share.
I was at church today and the woman who spoke used a quote from Ghandi in her message. "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." How brilliant is that quote.
There have been people in my life that have hurt me. Some intentionally, some not so much. My first and human reaction is to want to get back at these people. To hurt them as they have hurt me. But that just ain't right. I really fear that world is starting to go blind. There is so much hate and revenge going on in the world. We need a little less hate and a whole lot more love in the world.
I don't want to be a person that feels the need for revenge. I want to be the keeper of the Golden Rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
No matter what others may do to me, I choose to love!!

Will you choose to love too?

3 comments:

Nat said...

Absolutely Megs!! Good ponderings.

The Bible also tells us, in Luke 6:28-31 to 'bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.'

BIG thing to look up to huh - given our human nature and all...

thanks for sharing Megs :)

Cass said...

Very deep things to ponder, and oh so true. Our fleshly reaction is definitely for revenge, but as you said how does that really benefit anyone?

You've encouraged some pondering in my head/heart now too. Thanks for sharing.

*hugs*

Gayle said...

and another good saying I have heard is "unforgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die"...I really like that. So I also choose love and forgiveness.