They're Out!!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006


After 14 nights, the two miners trapped in the Beaconsfield mine are finally free. I am just soo happy. Although I didn't know them, I felt for them and their families as they waited to be freed. This morning, as soon as I got up, I turned the TV on and there they were, walking out of the cage and waving. What a miracle that they were able to walk out after 14 days of super cramped conditions. I get a sore back from sitting funny just for a few hours. It just shows how strong the human spirit can be and how awesome Aussie mateship truly is. The others miners worked day and night to get their mates out.

Proud to be an Aussie today (and everyday!!)

Till next time

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan.....it's fabulous news isn't it!

Hope your weekend went well!

Lyn

Sofi said...

It's brilliant news!