THE DILEMMA

Monday, September 25, 2006

So again I've been MIA. Was at a youth conference for the end of last week and just tried to relax a little over the weekend. And now I am on a week's holiday. YAY!! So need this week off. Today I vegged out. Tidy the house a little, did a bit of garden, watched crappy daytime TV - yeah to Oprah and Queer Eye. Tonight I have been banished from watching TV as the Brownlow is on and Andrew must watch that! Hopefully we'll be able to get away for a couple of days - even if they are day trips.

Anyway, to my dilemma. Our household is soon to become very tense. You see I am a Sydney Swans supporter and my hubby Andrew is a West Coast Eagles fan. Now I am not what you would call a die hard fan - I like to see them win but am not beside myself with grief if they lose. Andrew on the other side - DIE HARD FAN. Last year our teams were in the Grand Final together as well and Sydney won - Andrew took it hard. This year if Swans win again, I don't think he'll deal with that to well.

So the dilemma is, do I be a good supporter this week and pray that Sydney wins. Or do I put my marriage first and become an honourary Eagles supporter?? LOL such a dilemma. If the Swans win, I may be staying at a friends house on Saturday night!!

5 things I am grateful for today
1. New photos to scrap (Andrew is at the Grand Final all day Saturday so I am scrapping!)
2. A week of holidays!
3. A great night watching Idol with friends last night
4. That my hubby got GF tickets (he is so excited)
5. Did I say I'm on holidays! Hee Hee!

Till next time

5 comments:

Jess said...

I think just swear off football and refuse to mention it! Paul & Ethan are away this weekend, so I'm spared having to watch it. I'll watch the very beginning and the very end, and hope Angus sleeps lots and lets me scrap in between!

Jess

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner Megan! We'll be in PERTH watching the GF from our hotel room....well Rod will be..I might just have to hit the shops...LOL!
GO SWANS!

Sofi said...

Megan I love your new banner, it looks great.

About the Grand Final... I'm not a fantaical footy fan either, so I can't really offer any advice; may the best team win?!

Anonymous said...

Simply solution really Megan, become a Carlton supporter then you never have to worry about being in a grand final!

Anonymous said...

Hi meggy

Mum here. I haven't read your blog for a while, so it was great to catch up on some news. As always - your blog mkaes for interesting reading and reveals so much of your beautiful attitude to life.
hope you are having a good holiday with Andrew and going out a bit and sharing a coffee together somewhere.

Only 3 weeks until we are also on holidays. we are SOOOO much looking forward to it. Give my love to the chooks. Perhaps you can do a scrap page on them soemtime!!

LOL Mum xxxxx