MIA and D&M

Friday, September 01, 2006

Spring has sprung well and truly. Today has just been the most beautiful day outside. So I know I've been missing in action over the last couple of weeks and only posting occasionally. Bad blogger but life is just a little crazy. Hope it will get a little more subdued for a bit now. I promised last blog that I wasn't going to do the whole today I did this and yada yada, cause frankly my life ain't really that interesting at the moment. So deep and meaningful is what I promised.
I was in a shop called Socrates the other day - totally love that shop. It's kind of like Australian Geographic/crossed with a toy shop. Lots of cool gadgets and things to play with. So I saw a big rack of cards - love cards, and came across a few with some really awesome quotes on them and they really made me think. I love quotes. Love that other people have said exactly what I am trying to say. I love that they have the ability to really make you think and go "Aha!"

The first one said- Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

How awesome is that. Peace isn't about no noise, it's about peace in your heart. Having inner peace. The sort of peace that you know you are where you are supposed to be.


The other quote was - Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering FANNY CROSBY

That is so true. Especially for those of us who are scrapbookers. Sometimes we are so worried about taking that perfect photo or capturing that perfect moment that we actually miss what the moment truly is. We need to live in the moment. Make life beautiful and make it worth remembering

So what are you doing to make life beautiful

5 things I am grateful for
1. Wise people who say wise things that make me think
2. Free tickets to the movies so Andrew and I can go on a date
3. An opportunity to hang out with my youth group tomorrow night
4. Books to read
5. Australian Idol - loving this series.

Off to the movies tonight with Andrew. Have a great weekend

Till next time

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan...love those quotes too!

What am I doing to make life beautiful?....I'm living in the present.....enjoying my garden at the moment and have just planted two hanging baskets of petunias.I love the colur they create when they flower and the good thing is they flower for so long.....last year had them for about 5 months.
Have a great night out tonight!