Update

Sunday, August 27, 2006

So I am now 27 and3 days old. The last few days have been lots of fun. So love birthdays and stuff. So what's been up. Had my hair coloured on Thursday. It's a little out there but it's fun and hey, it's just hair isn't it. I got a little bit of a shock when I saw myself in the mirror at first, but it's grown on me now and it's quite fun.

Thursday night I went to a taping of the Ch 10 show 'Thank God you're Here." Man was that fun. I had an absolute ball and it was so fun. We were about 3 or 4 seats away from Tom Gleisner who judges the acts (and is also the main dude from The Panel). And me and my friend Matt got in a few of the shots when Tom was speaking. So exciting. Now hopefully we will make the cut.
Friday night Andrew and I went our for my birthday with our awesome friends Pete and Marina and I got some more pressies. I am so lucky. I got a little box filled with all sorts of goodies - a gorgeous necklace, a scarf, a notebook and my favourite - my very own tea cup. Have wanted one for ages so I can enjoy a real cup of tea and my beautiful friends came through for me. How gorgeous is it.

Yesterday we spent some of the day in the garden and then went in search of bathroom ideas. We have just found out that we have really bad water damage in our bathroom and there is water leaking somewhere which is rotting the floor boards. This means bathroom reno. Our bathroom is a very ugly khaki green colour anyway, so I'll be glad to get rid of it. It was just more in our 5 year plan rather than 5 month plan. But hey, things happen, right.
We got some good ideas, but a few of the places we wanted to look at were shut so we'll go out next week as well.
Last night, I organised a scrapbooking night at church. There are a few people who scrapbook at church and it was just an opportunity to get together, do your own thing, get ideas, share stuff. It's the first time we've had anything like this and there were 4 of us there so that's a good start. We had heaps of fun together and that't the main thing

My week is looking less busy than last week so that is good. May have some time to scrap now that I am all inspired after last night.

I think I have bored everyone enough. I didn't really want this blog to turn into a "this is what I did on Thursday and then on Friday, etc.." kind of thing so I will try and post something a little more profound and thought-provoking this week.

Before I go.. 5 things I am grateful for
1. My gorgeous tea cup
2. Beautiful friends
3. Sunshine
4. More gorgeous flowers for my birthday
5. Jesus for saving me

Till next time

4 comments:

Nat said...

Your hair looks great - fun for sure!! I'm off to the hairdresser tomorrow Megan, and I'm thinking I want to do something a little different this time... its been long and curly for a while, so I might just cut it that *bit* shorter... and I got a colour to put thru it today too, so hopefully I'll be feeling all glam over the next few days!!

That teacup is so cute!!

Nat xx

Anonymous said...

Megan.....a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you girl!....mmm 27...I wish....
I love the hair too......I've had mine dyed again......lashed out on Friday and had it done again!

Sofi said...

Megan, I LOVE your new hair colour. You sound like you had a wonderful birthday, and received some lovely pressies.(the tea cup set is just so cute!)

Hugs
Sofi

Katie Toland said...

Hi Megie! LOVE your hair - you and I'll make the perfect pair now LOL! That's my motto too, it's only hair, it'll grow back, or you can dye it back - it's good to have a change! And good time of year for it, changing seasons and all. Anyways lovey, I think you look spunky!

Love you cup too. Sounds like your scrapbooking night was fun too
xx k