Happy Birthday to me

Wednesday, August 23, 2006


So today is my birthday. 27 year old. When I was younger, 27 seemed so old and now that I am there, I don't feel as old as I probably should. I think in my mind I am still 21. 27. 27. That's how old my mum was when she had me.
I've had a good day. Had lunch with my nanna and sisters - Clare & Beth. Then Beth went back to work and Clare & I took Nanna to look around Knox. Man that place is big. Just had a walk around and then a coffee - well I had a Chai Latte - YUM! Last night we had tea at Mum & Dad's with the whole family to celebrate both mine and my dad's birthday - both in August. I got a cake and everything. Was such a nice night.
Present wise I got a small suitcase from my mum and dad. Something I have both wanted and needed for some time now. Clare & Matt (my sister and brother-in-law) got me a really gorgeous candle holder - will take a piccie tomorrow when it's lighter. My present from Andrew was the Scrapanalia Retreat but he is also going to get me an AMM litte scrapbooking tote. And I am getting my Crocs shoes from the in-laws. So excited. I am going to be like Katie, Brett and Liam now!!! LOL! I've also got some money to spend as well from my nanna and Andrew's grandma. So that should be easy to spend. So it's been a great birthday so far.
Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut... and COLOURED. So excited. Haven't had it coloured for ages. So will post some piccies. And then tomorrow night we are going to a taping of the Channel 10 show "Thank God you're Here" with our friends Graeme and Matt. Graeme got 4 tickets and then invited Andrew, Matt and I along. Should be a lot of fun. That show is very funny

Well, I am going to have an early night tonight. Not doing anything to special. But we are going out on Friday night to celebrate me getting old so that should be fun too.

5 things I am grateful for today.
1. That I have made it to my 27th birthday
2. Family and friends who have made my day so special
3. Chai Lattes
4. A scrapbook magazine in the mail - it's like a little present every month
5. Digital cameras - crap photo - delete it!

Till next time, Happy Birthday to me!

6 comments:

Carolyne Hallum said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN-oh believe me, 27 isn't old at all. wait to you hit 40 - then we will talk. hugs to you.

Jess said...

Happy birthday to one of the most beautiful people I know - inside and out.

Jess

Sofi said...

Happy birthday Megan, hope you enjoyed your special day!

Me said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! Have a great one!!

Rach

Miss H said...

Yeah Happy Birthday Megan. Yep 21 for Life!!

Nat said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! All God's richest blessings for the next year ahead. May all your dreams come true xx

Nat