Feelin a little less stressed

Monday, August 21, 2006



Aren't my flowers pretty? My work friend Sharon bought them for me for my birthday. Don't stress about my presents people - it's not till Wednesday! LOL
This is going to sound really weird but I am so glad this weekend is over. Bring on the normalcy and routine of a working week. The last couple of weeks have been so crazy trying to organise this trivia/auction night.
Andrew got home safe and sound on Friday night - said he had a great time but was extremely tired. Got ourselves an early night cause we were both wrecked. Saturday I spent from 9-4 at the last day of my first aid course so I'm all trained up now. It was lots of fun actually. Near the end we split into two groups for scenarios - first aiders and victims. The victims got to think of all sorts of situations and use texta to draw blood and stuff on ourselves. Was great to be dramatic for awhile. Some of us were really going off.
Got home from the course, did the dishes, hung some washing up, ate some tea and then left again to set up for the Trivia night. It was such a fun night and although I was a little stressed at the start (would there be enough people, auction items, would people have fun!) I ended up having a ball. Was on a table with my friends Bruce & Jackie (hi Bruce - my fellow geek), Pete & Marina and Linda & Gareth. We came 3rd last (much to our disgust LOL). We ended up with over 30 auction items and they all went so that was great. Some went for an absolute bargain price. I bought myself a little country birdhouse. Made a bid for $5 and I won. It's worth about $20. Bargain!


Yesterday I was at church in the morning then the rest of the day turned into a candid camera/joke show scenario. Andrew had to stay at church from some training so I decided to do the food shopping straight after the service and then hopefully have an hour or so to just chill out. YEAH RIGHT. Took me about an hour to do the shopping which is fairly normal. Gotta home and started to unpack the stuff. Umpacked the frozen things first and went to put them in the freezer (our freezer is at the bottom of our fridge) when I noticed the door was ajar. Andrew had had ice-cream the night before and when he put it back the fridge didn't close properly and the freezer had completely iced over. So i proceeded to clear out as much ice as I could. Luckily because the freezer worked overtime to keep stuff cold, most things were still frozen. So that took me about 1/2 hour. Then I started putting all the other stuff away. Had a bag of shredded cheese which we put in the fridge in a Tupperware container. Cut the top off the package and tried to tear it open and it just exploded in my hands, cheese flying everywhere. Managed to keep most of it on the bench which I had just wiped down so I saved most of it (I did however find some cheese in my hair later that night!) After cleaning up and putting the rest of the shopping away, I decided to take the rubbish out. As I pulled the bag out, it split sending rubbish all over me. Ran to the outdoor bin before too much came out. Cleaned to floor and myself.

I swear some had a hidden camera somewhere and I will soon see myself on Funniest Home Videos. So my hour of chilling time before Andrew got home turned into about 10 minutes.

So you may have thought my "I am glad this weekend is over" statement was weird, but now you may have some idea as to why.

Gotta have a laugh at it all though.

Playing basketball again tonight- 10:00 - what a sucky hour of the night to be playing sport - really hope we win (we lost last week)

5 things I am grateful for today
1. A fun night at the trivia/auction night on Saturday
2. Sue & Sharon for taking me out for coffee today for my birthday (Wednesday)
3. Daffodils
4. Awesome friends to hang out with
5. That Andrew is home

Sorry about the mammoth post. Good for you if you made it all the way through.

Till next time, smell some flowers and watch out for flying cheese

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan
Sorry I couldn't get my donation for your trivia night to you in time. Glad it was a good night - hope it was a successful one too.

Enna

Anonymous said...

Megs - you did a great job organising the trivia night. I had a lots of fun, but alas, our table didn't quite manage to take out that block of chocolate each - what am I going to do with a golf ball?