Great weekend

Monday, August 14, 2006

Blogger is not making me happy at the moment. Was going to share with you a very happy flower piccie and Blogger does not want you guys to see it right now. GRRR!

You know what does make me happy? The fact that my mum and dad check my blog and comment. Love you guys so much and am so blessed to have you as parents. I am almost finished a LO on them so when I finish I'll post it so you can all see how cool they are.

And thank you to everyone else who leaves me messages. Big thanks to Angus for his message the other day - so cute!

Had a great weekend. I was supposed to take a group of kids from church up to Lake Mountain to go tobogganing but there was just not enough snow up there to warrant the two hour trip up there so we took them bowling instead. Gotta love bowling. Really brings out the competitive side in people.

So because I didn't have to be up at the crack of dawn to get the kids to the snow, I had a really relaxing Saturday. Andrew and I met Richard & Katie and their 2 gorgeous girls, Miriam (3) and Hannah (1) at Eastland for breakfast. Apparently I am Miriam's favourite person at the moment so I got to ride on the Thomas train around the shopping centre with her. Was such a precious experience. She waved at all the shoppers and just had an absolute ball on the train.

Spent the rest of the day cleaning the house and pottering around till bowling at night

Sunday we went to church in the morning and then spent the rest of the day at our friends' Scottie and Kathryn's house. It was supposed to be for lunch and then I was going to help them organise some photos in frames, but Andrew and I didn't leave their until after 8:00pm. It ended up being lunch and tea! These guys are the most precious friends and Andrew and I are so blessed with so many awesome people in our lives that we can call friends. And their son Ethan is such a fantastic kid. I had so much fun playing with him outside. Such a cool little dude.

Fairly busy week ahead. Andrew is going to a school camp on Wednesday (till Friday). They are off to Sovereign Hill and he is really looking forward to it. Should be a great experience for him and the kids. They all get to dress up in Colonial costume and do school like it would have been done back in the goldrush day. Have told him to take the camera to get a shot of himself all dressed up.

And I have a fundraising trivia and auction night coming up on Saturday night so I am running around all over the place this week getting things organised for that and trying to get some more donations of things to auction. Anyone got anything they want to donate, or any ideas??

Anyway, 5 things I am grateful for
1. The people in my life who I am grateful to call friends
2. Beautiful flowers
3. A sunny, windy day yesterday to get washing done (and actually dried) all on the same day
4. A train ride with my special little girlfriend Miriam
5. The opportunity to hang out, and share with the younger girls at Church yesterday

Off to play basketball tonight, so hopefully we'll get another win

Till next time, take time to smell the flowers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew will have a ball at Sovereign Hill. I remember going there on excursions. The kids will love it!

Sounds like you have heaps on at the moment Megan!

Hope the Trivia night goes well.They are lots of fun! I use to organise one each year for Wesburn PS when i was teaching. So much fun and we made heaps of money.Pity I'm off to Sydney on Wednesday or I could have given you some ideas perhaps....always next year.

Carolyne Hallum said...

since andrew's away you might then decide to come to sydney with us...there are a few vacancies and you can sleep on our floor...seriously!!!!

Nat said...

Great to hear Megan! All the best with your last minute organising for the trivia night... and maybe with Andrew away, some evening time for scrapping?

Nat :)

Katie Toland said...

Sounds like a great (busy) weekend, and a busy week ahead too. Love reading about your life Megan. Hugs chicky! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan
I run a home based scrapbook business. Let me know if I can put something together for your trivia night.

Enna

Anonymous said...

oops, you can email me at ennajohn@bigpond.com.au