Much ado about nothing

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Nothing much has been happening in my world of late, but my friend Bruce (an avid reader of my blog) told me I needed an update so here goes.
What to say, what to say?? I think I may do the random dot point style of blog today - something that has become very popular among HTML land (like the geek speak, Bruce!)

  • I am totally loving Idol this year. The singers are all really awesome and it will be hard to pick who goes each week (unless of course someone has a real shocker of a performance)
  • I'm not doing too badly with the Bronze medallion training. Have to be able to swim 400m non-stop. At the start of training I could do about 75m. I can now swim 200m. I have 4 weeks to go! EEEKK!
  • Another thing I am totally loving is the Australian scrapbooking website ScrapPile. Loving the challenges and it's making me scrapbook again.
  • Totally loathing Germaine Greer and her totally insensitive comments about Steve Irwin, her lack of class and her lack of any idea about Australia. Bitter, bitter old lady.
  • Getting pretty excited about FIJI now. Only 4 months to go. It's going to be a lot of fun
  • Getting a little tired of losing every week in Basketball - I still have lots of fun though. We are officially on the bottom of the ladder. There was another team who was there with us - they too were yet to win a game - they beat us last night!! HA HA LOL. It really is quite funny. At least we made them feel good.
  • Love that I have the night at home. Might get stuck into a scrapping challenge from Scrap Pile
  • Love getting yummy scrapbooking packages in the mail. Soo goood!

Well that's about it for now. Hopefully post again really soon. Have to go for a swim now.

5 things I am grateful for today

1. Diet Coke - love this stuff and no WW points

2. Nail buffer - love how it makes my nails so shiny

3. A pool close to our house so I can go and train

4. My friend Bruce (and Jackie) for reading my blog when he should be working!

5. Freshly mown grass - love that smell (and I'm grateful to my hubby for mowing it!)

Everyone needs to watch Thank God you're here on Ch 10 tomorrow night at 7:30pm. It was the one I went to the taping of. You may get a glimpse of me when they cross to Tom but you may not - depends how wide your TV is!! But it's a funny ep and worth a watch

Till next time

2 comments:

Katie Toland said...

Busy girl! Love reading what you've been up to. Brett has started running, and you with your swimming... I'm feeling really slack!

Anonymous said...

Good on you Megan with the swimming!

Gosh ...with swimming and playing basketball you must be super fit!

How exciting for you going to FIJI!