IKEA, Ice-Cream and other stuff

Thursday, September 28, 2006

So I am still on holidays - only a couple of days to go. It's been so great and so relaxing. Just what I needed to get me through till the end of another year. We've managed to pack in quite a bit over the last couple of days. Monday was a bit of a veg day. Tuesday we went looking for new bathroom stuff as we have to get our bathroom renovated. We ended buying a new bath, toilet and vanity cabinet. We found this awesome builders/renovaters warehouse and the stuff was really well priced and we found exactly what we were looking for. Now we just have to find tiles and then get the process started. Wednesday we went to IKEA - totally one of my fav places to visit. Love all the rooms, the furniture is cool and all those storage ideas - AHHH! Love love love it. If I had to be left behind, locked in a shop all night, it would be IKEA. I'd sleep on their beds, run around like a crazy woman and eat swedish meatballs all night!! We checked out a couple of storage trolley thingys for my scrap stuff. Got some ideas so that's cool. Bought a funky as little set of drawers that I am going to alter and cover and funky up. Will share a pic once I've done it (hopefully finish on Saturday)
Today Andrew and I went out for breakfast - love going out for breakfast. We then drove up to Healesville to check out the new Beechworth Bakery up there (YUMMM) Grabbed some lunch and ice-cream, checked out a few shops - antiques, crafts, op-shops. It was such a fun day and such awesome weather.
We're off to the Grand Final parade in the city tomorrow. Should be fun - will hopefully be checking Koko Black - an awesome chocolate place. If we can't find, I may just have to take Andrew to Max Brenners.

Sorry about the drivel. But hey I'm on holidays!!

5 things I am grateful for today
1. The opportunity to hang out with Andrew for the week and reconnect with each other
2. A gorgeous day in the sun today
3. Bacio Ice-Cream - WOW
4. That I can now swim 400m non-stop (swimming course is in 1 1/2 weeks
5. That I have three more days of holidays

Till next time

2 comments:

Sofi said...

Hey Megan, I was at the parade today! It was such a great buzz and atmosphere in the CBD today!

Nat said...

Sounds like you're having a GREAT break Megs! And yay to IKEA too - love it!

So, did Andrew rub it in your face tonight when the Eagles won the GF>????

Nat xx