A great weekend and another one ahead

Monday, October 23, 2006


I have had an awesome weekend, apart from the fact that Andrew was away. No, that is not why I had a great weekend. Hee hee! I spent most of Saturday at the Dylan Hartung Fundraising scrapbook day. I had an absolute blast and it was awesome that they raised $10000 for Dylan so that he can continue his treatment. You can check out who Dylan is and what he's up to here. Dylan's dad was there and it was great to hear a little of Dylan's story. It was quite an emotional day and was awesome that so many people could help out in this small way. I didn't get much scrapbooking on the day but had a ball catching up with old buds and making new ones. Was so awesome to meet a lot of the Scrap Pile girls (an online scrapbooking site that I frequent quite a bit). Nice to meet Ruey, Michelle and Lisa. And catch up again with Sofi, Katie and Ange. Here's a photo of us all.

Yesterday I went to church which was a great time. Love my church and the people there. It's such an awesome place to be. After church I went out to lunch we my best friend Marina, her hubby Peter and the rest of her family. It was so nice and I had a fantastic time getting to know her family a bit better. I also got to give Marina her present which I've been working hard on. I made her some of those IKEA drawers that I posted awhile back, but changed the colour scheme. Also made a little quote book to go in one of the drawers. So stoked with how it turned out and I think Marina really liked it. Will try and post pictures later today as Blogger has decided to only let me post one picture. Hmph!!

Speaking of Marina and Peter, they have some excting news. They are expecting their first baby in May. So exciting for them. Got to see the ultrasound video yesterday and they have an active bub. Congratulations guys. You are going to be awesome parents!

Next weekend I am working at the Paperific Show for Scrapanalia (can check out the link in my sidebar). I'm really looking forward to that. Love the buzz and the atmosphere that this show has and I am so privileged to be working for Jess. She is awesome and she has a few goodies up her sleeve!!

Anyway, enough crapping on.

5 things I am grateful for today
1. An awesome day of scrapping and chatting on Saturday
2. A great day at church yesterday - I was definitely feeling the love
3. A fantastic lunch with friends yesterday
4. Exciting new beginnings for Marina and Peter
5. That Andrew had a great weekend and got home safe.

And before I go, I want to wish my avid blog reader Bruce and his gorgeous wifey Jackie, a fantastic trip to the US. Hope you guys have a blast and enjoy chilling out. Have fun in Vegas!

3 comments:

Sofi said...

Megan, it was great to catch up with you on Saturday (hope you didn't mind the non-stop chatting in the car :)

Looking forward to working at Paperific on Saturday with you too!

Anonymous said...

Megan...so glad you had a great time at the Dylan DAY.SUCH A GREAT CAUSE!
See you at PAPERIFIC Friday.

Jess said...

I wish I had been there. Sounds like it was an incredible day.

CAN'T WAIT to catch up with you on Friday. I have another couple of things for you too which I will try to remember to bring with me.

Jess