Friday's Five - iPhone apps for kids

Friday, October 07, 2011

So the man behind Apple, Steve Jobs, passed away yesterday. He was the man he gave the world the iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc.. but he was more than that. He was someone who saw the big picture, a visionary and according to most, a really great guy. So in honor of him, and cause i LOVE my iPhone, I'm going to do a Friday's Five list of my favourite iPhone apps for kids (well actually these are Joel's current favourites). They are not all technically kids apps, but Joel loves them and can play them.
 This is played at least twice a day at our house. Basically you make and decorate a cake. Lots of different choices of cakes, lots of things to do - mixing, pouring, decorating, etc. It's lots of fun
This is another one that gets a daily workout. Joel loves blowing up the balloons and making them into animals and of course popping them.
Joel loves this (as do Andrew and I) so much catapulting those little birds into the piggies!!
A noisy little app which is basically a drum kit you play with your fingers (funny that!). The cool thing is you can pick a song from you iPod and play along. Definitely not one to play in church!!
Joel loves trying to control the cars and stop any accidents. He thinks he's a policeman!! I quite like to play this one too.

If you are an iPhone owner or user, what are some of your favourite apps? I'm always happy to hear about more!!

Till next time

2 comments:

Dannii said...

There are some great apps there. Thanks for sharing.

I used to let my kids play with my old iPhone all the time, but since I got my new iPhone4, they have never used it and I have a password on it LOL. Protective much?!

I just can't bare the fights that come from letting them play it, so I just don't let any of them play it. I may start letting Eli play it when the girls are at school, and my phone is not as new and precious LOL.

Dalton Wordlaw said...

These apps are fun. I actually have some of them. Balloonanimals seems to be awesome. I'll try downloading it one time. That way, I can share iPhone with my kids and have fun bonding times with them.