Diva fan

Friday, April 21, 2006


So I am here to declare that I am in love with Diva. The jewellery shop, that is. Love this store. If you have never been in one, you must go and check one out. But beware - you will not walk away empty-handed. Was at Chirnside Park shops today, just getting a couple of things for work and I decided to run in and check for any cool new stuff. I am really getting into jewellery now. Was never really a big jewellery wearer but lately I am becoming much girly - give me dangling earrings, and some funky beads, bit of make-up, some sexy shoes, a few skirts. I am really discovering the girly side of me. Anyway, have started to get a bit of a thing for dangly earrings. So go in, check out all the stuff - too much to choose from. But my bank account managed to get away relatively unscathed. Bought myself a pair of cute earrings for $9.95 and a pretty drop pendant which was $25 marked down to..... $3.50. Such a bargain that I bought 2 - one for me and one for Jessie my neice. So I think I may go back there over the weekend and have an even better look.

So fricken freezing today. Spent the day working from home - preparing for a retreat that I am running for the young adults at our church. It's in a couple of weeks. We are using the TV series 'Friends' as a theme so spent the morning working, by watching episodes of Friends for material to use at the retreat. Love the show so it was quite enjoyable to be able to watch it for work.

The reason I worked from home was so I wouldn't get disturbed, but the funniest (well I think it was funny) happened. Our house backs on to the back of a primary school and if I am home, I hear the bell go for recess and lunch, and can just hear the kids playing. I don't really notice it anymore cause I am used to it. But it was raining quite heavily, on and off throughout the morning and around 11am, the kids were obviously out for recess, all of a sudden there was a huge crack of thunderand a massive downpour and then about 3 seconds later I hear about 150 kids going 'AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH' at the top of the lungs. I had a mouthful of tea and almost choked with laughter. I was just imagining all the kids running haywire, squealing at the rain and thunder. And here I was, in my warm house, in my trackies, with a cup of tea, watching Friends for work. Now that is what I call a good day at work!!

Sorry about the essay

Till next time

3 comments:

Jess said...

If only work could always be that good! The retreat sounds like fun, I'll look forward to hearing about it.

Jess

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you might be getting clucky Megan with all this sudden interest in the girly side of you!

I'm sure you'll let us know how things are going in that department won't you?

The retreat sounds like fun!

I have Jess and Brian here tonight which was a nice surprise and imagine how excited she was to see her CJ sitting here tonight.She's over the moon!
Have a great weekend Megan!

Lyn

Sofi said...

I love the shop DIVA too. They have some wonderful things in there.

Have fun at the retreat. It sounds fabulous.