A Visit from The Tooth Fairy

Thursday, April 20, 2006

So my niece Jessie has been staying with us for a couple of days (just to give mum a bit of break) and last night she lost one of her front teeth. She was soooooo excited. So I suggested that we write the tooth fairy a letter and see if she wrote back to us overnight. You see when I was little, I used to write a letter to the tooth fairy and there would always be a reply by my bed the next morning. So we proceeded to write the tooth fairy a letter and place the tooth carefully in a special little box I had lying around the house.

Well the tooth fairy came. And she left a letter and lots of fairy dust that fell off her wings. She even left her footprints on the letter. Jessie came tearing down the hall this morning, head about to explode, so excited that the tooth fairy had been.

Did you know the going rate for the tooth fairy these days is $2. Man, I got ripped off - I only used to get 20-50 cents!

Anyway, had a ball writing the letter and sprinkling glitter everywhere. Can't wait to be a mum one day. Loved how excited Jess got and how willing she was to believe in something she didn't actually see. PRECIOUS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Megan.......you are going to make such a great mum one of thses days girl!
I loved teaching the infants for this very reason.....they love "make believe", tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Nursery Rhymes, Easter Bunny,,,,,,,,fairytales.....
I must admit I GOT TO PRACTISE ON MY NEPHEWS FIRST TOO BEFORE we had our own boys!

Lyn

Anonymous said...

Gold Megan, Gold! You're such a cool Aunty! You're creative caring nature shines through again! Sounds like you are having a special time with Jessie.

Jess said...

Lyn's right Megan. You are going to be an amazing mum. I love doing those things for the boys. Last year the Easter Bunny left footprints all through the house (talcum powder and three fingers - took me ages!) and at Christmas we made special 'magic' raindeer food with oats and candy-coated chocolate - a bit like tiny smarties.

Your niece is gorgeous too! Almost as gorgeous as her aunty!

Jess

Sofi said...

Megan, you have such an amazing way with children. You really sound ready to have your own.

Katie Toland said...

Gorgeous Megan. You will be an awsome mumma, I so hope it's not too far away. Love the glitter that came off her wings.

Jess is going to make Santa's reindeers fat! Our reindeers got oats and glitter, not chocolate! I know which one I rather have :)