Megan 101

Wednesday, April 12, 2006



So I thought over the next few posts I would share a few random things about myself that you may or may not know. Just so you can get to know me better and I have stuff to talk about!!

Fact #1 - I love all things African
Since going on a trip to South Africa in 2000, I have fallen in love with Africa. The people, the culture, everything. My home reflects this love of Africa. Dotted around the place are things I brought back from my travels there and also that I have picked up around the place over the last few years. The pictures above are of a painting I bought at a market in Cape Town - watched the guy paint then went back the next day and bought it. I love it. It's called the Dance of Joy and it makes me smile everytime I see it. The little carved ornaments I picked up at a roadside market just out of Johannesburg.

Fact #2 - I love to collect miniature perfume bottles
This is probably cause I love a lot of the expensive perfumes but can't afford to buy big bottles of all of them, hence the minis. But I just think the little bottles are way cuter too. I have a little collection of them that sit on the chest of drawers in my bedroom.

So there are the first two facts about me that you may not have known. I'll post more another day - you may not want to know this stuff, but too bad - it's my blog!

Till next time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love knowing these things about you. Given that we really know each other on the internet, and have actually only met in person a handful of times, there's whole sections of your life I know nothing about.

Love the painting. So vibrant!

Anonymous said...

Megan...........I bet your bedroom smells really nice........mmmmmm....love all the African bits and pieces too.

Lyn

Sofi said...

Your house sounds amazing! Love the colours of the painting too!

One fact about me...I haven't bought purfume since our honeymoon in 2001.