I'm Back & Go Guernsey

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Well, what a crazy two weeks I've had. Spent Mon-Fri of last week at a course called LAB 1. All about learning how to listen effectively to people. Should be really helpful for me in my job and also just in general. I think we could all learn how to listen a little better.

After LAB 1, spent the weekend at the Salvation Army's Junior Creative Arts Camp. I had an absolute ball - although I am pretty tired now. There were 78 kids that came along and I am pretty sure they all had a great time too. Loved hanging out with the kids and just getting along side them and encouraging them. Also loved hanging out with all the leaders. Got to know some pretty cool people and have a stack of fun with them.

One of the things on camp was that we were put into obscure Commonwealth countries and participated in various activities were we had the opportunity to win points for our country.

I was put in charge on Guernsey (see the national flag above), along with one the nicest and funniest guys I know, Matt Atkins. We had such a fun time hanging with our team, making up team chants and facts about our country.
Because of my new love for Guernsey, I am now hoping they will win a medal at the games. So come on all you sports lovers - lets cheer for the great team from Guernsey.

Till next time

Megs

6 comments:

The @ said...

Its pronounced Guerrrnsey!

I don't understand, even Ray Martin (or whoever it was) didn't pronounce it properly

hehe and I'm blushing because of your compliments

was a pleasure teaming up with you again, we have to make up more chants together :P

say hi to Spinksy for me

Anonymous said...

Guernsey ain't as obscure as St Kitts and Nevis - who names countries anyway!

You did such a great job on camp Megs. Such a pleasure having you on the team.

You didn't tell everyone about your scrapbooking elective! If I gave you some photos of Queen Lizzy...

Anonymous said...

So glad to see you back Megan - I was missing you and your blog! Glad you had a good time at camp. Hopefully you managed to convert a few people to scrapbooking!

Jess

Katie Toland said...

I was missing you too Megan! Glad you had fun, and made it home in one piece... a tired piece at that! I bet the kids all had a ball, such a fantastic experience for them all.

k xx

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Megan. Sounds like you had a blast.
I'll be cheering for Guernsey for you as well as the Aussies!

Lyn

The @ said...

well last in the relay in swimming isnt too bad for Guerrrrnsey