It's going by so fast

Tuesday, July 25, 2006



Another great weekend has come and gone. Seriously cannot believe how fast the year is zooming past me. Saturday I spent most of the day at my friends (Marina and Pete) house in Olinda. We had a Christmas in July dinner with the young adults from church and Marina and i did the cooking for it. It was so much fun and the food was pretty darn good (if I do say so!!). We prettied the place up real nice and Christmasy as well. Love just hanging out with people for dinner. Just eating, talking and having a laugh. Photos are of Marina cooking and their bannister all Christmased up.

Last night I played my first game of basketball in about 3 years. Was so much fun but man was I stuffed after the first ten minutes. It did get better as the game went on though. Had a great time - even though we lost by 3 points. Feeling a little sore today, but not too bad.

Seriously want to get some scrapbooking done in the next couple of days. Haven't managed to get much done since the Scrapanalia Retreat (if you click on the Scrapanalia link under my websites, you can check out some photos from the retreat!)

Anyway, tea is cooking away so I better get back to it.

Before I go, I want to leave you with a funny photo. Found this on my computer while I was doing some reorganising. It was taken of me and a couple of kids, quite a while back, using the Photo Booth function on my friends Mac Computer. Gotta love that. I think it is the alien setting. Do I look like an alien to you guys!! What a classic!!!



Till next time

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh MEGAN........you are so funny!
Your ChRISTMAS in July sounds like fun. I ran a CIJ all day workshop last Saturday in BAIRNSDALE.LOts of fun!

Anonymous said...

Darling daughter

You make me laugh (just love the 'alien' photo!!)and it is so obvious you can laugh at yourself.
Sounds like you've been very busy and having a lot of fun along the way!
Liked the bit about the 'sour sobs'. Yes I've noticed a few of them around here as well.
In fact we used to have so many growing near our house when I was a kid that we used to have huge 'sour sob fights'. About 10 kids - we'd go into the paddock next door to Nanna'
s house which was covered in sour sobs and make huge mounds of them each end of the paddock ( having harvested them for about 30 mins); then we'd divide into 2 teams and throw them at each other!!
They were the days before computer games and Tv !!!

Love you lots and am very proud of you

Anonymous said...

You look more like your old man every day. I'm so proud of you.
Lot of Love Dad

Marina said...

What a great photo of you! Anna and I had a go of that alien setting when she was visiting from Adelaide...very funny. You are indeed a very beautiful woman...he he..

you know I mean it.

M.

Nat said...

Hi Megan! Loving that 'alien' photo - always good to have a laugh isn't it...

Yay for playing basketball again! I'm really wanting to start playing again too (also haven't for about 3-4 years... but I want to lose a bit of weight first and get a little fitter before I go down that track just yet...

Thank God for good friends and dinner on the table that we can enjoy! I love doing that too :)

Glad I found your blog :)
Love Nat :)