DR ABC, it's easy as 1,2,3

Sunday, July 30, 2006


So yesterday I spent from 9-4 at a Level 2 First Aid Course for work. I have done this before (a long time ago) and man has everything changed. The CPR is different, bandaging is different. But it's good different. No more of the fancy bandaging and stuff, it's all about whatever works. And I love that. I'm all about whatever works.

Went to Church this morning - one of the teenage girls in my youth lead the worship and she was brilliant. So proud of her. And I got to cuddle a couple of the new babies at church after the service - CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!! They were just precious and so warm and snuggly. I don't want to wait much longer now! Spent the afternoon in the garden weeding - it so badly needed it and am so impressed with my efforts. Still have a bit more to do and will hopefully get to that later in the week.

Still have not managed to get any scrapbooking done since the retreat which was 4 weeks. Am not happy Jan. I haven't had a lot of free time but when I do get some time, I'm not in the mood or there is something else to be done. Am determined to get some done this week. Must find the hidden mojo.

Anyway, gotta go but first

5 things I am grateful for today

1. A gorgeous afternoon spent in the garden
2. The opportunity to worship God without fear
3. Newborn babies - for reminding me that life really is good
4. An awesome group of teenage girls at church who are growing up to be awesome women
5. Souvlaki from our local fish and chip shop - seriously the best ones i've ever had this side of Greece!!

Till next time

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan...........you must be so proud of the young people you work with when you see them start to flourish?

As for the Scrapbooking mojo......I know that after a full on weekend of scrapping such as a retreat or Convention I have always felt scrapped out for a few weeks. I think it's normal girl! Just go with the flow.....

Marina said...

Sorry I missed Sunday, isn't it great to see kids that you take time with grow and shine? You do such a wonderful job, giving your time, heart and love! I am proud to call you a friend.

5 Things?
- Jesus for saving me
- Peter for choosing me
- You to believe in me
- a new heart forgiven in me
and realising it's not all about me.

M.

Nat said...

Love your 5 things Megan (and Marina too!). Sounds like you had a great weekend in God's awesome glory. And how awesome to see the youth flourish!

Nat